HOMEMAKER POSITION - Mississippi County
|Location:||Mississippi Cnty, MO|
|Salary Range:||Starting rate of $8.00 per hour with higher pay for certification|
|Benefits:||Travel Pay, Overtime, Weekly pay (Health insurance for CNAs)|
|Employment Type:||Part Time or Full Time|
|Description:||INTRODUCTION: The In-Home services program is funded through the Division of Senior Services. Visiting Nurse Association of Southeast Missouri is the employer, working under contract with the Division of Senior Services. Caseworkers from the Division of Senior Services decide who is eligible for services and which services will be provided. VNA receives referrals and supervises the delivery of services by its workers. |
TYPE OF WORK INVOLVED: There are various types of work performed; personal care, homemaker chore, respite, and advanced personal care with additional training. Personal care may involve bathing, shampooing, nail care, mouth care, shaving, and helping the client transfer to and from areas within the home. Homemaker chore may include general housekeeping, changing linens, shopping, errands, laundry, or meal preparation. A sister program – CDS can be worked at the same time. The worker must inform VNA of their intent to deliver both types of services and complete a conflict of interest.
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Service workers are employed on an as needed basis and may begin working by substituting for agency employees. As referrals are received by VNA, the service worker may be assigned clients to be seen on a regular basis, though clients may come and go. Therefore, VNA cannot promise full-time or extended employment; a worker's caseload will depend upon the referrals received. Service workers may be required to drive 45 miles or more.
TRAINING: Training for the homemaker position will consist of 3 days of classroom and 1 day of OJT. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ATTEND DAY 1, 2 & 3 OF CLASSROOM WHICH IS LOCATED IN SIKESTON, MO. OJT will be with a VNA trainer in your branch area. Training is mandated by the state and can be transferred from agency to agency. Training will not be paid until an employee has worked for a minimum of 30 days. Once 30 days have been worked, the training will be paid out as an employment bonus and included in the next paycheck. If an employee quits before they work 30 days, no bonus will be paid out. After attending all 3 days of classroom, the new employee will receive a gas card.
|Qualifications:||• Must be at least 18 years of age|
• Able to read, write, perform simple mathematics and follow directions
• Have at least six months paid work experience as an agency homemaker, maid, or household worker; successful completion of formal training in nursing arts or as a nurse aide or home health aid; or at least one year experience (paid or unpaid) in caring for children, sick or aged individuals.
• Must have reliable transportation and proof of automobile insurance.
• Must pass pre-employment drug screening, criminal background check , registered w/Family Care Reg.
• Must not be listed on Employee Disqualification List (EDL)
• Must complete an application in full and furnish at least 2 credible business references with correct addresses and telephone numbers.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50# .
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.